COVID-19 HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLNESS POLICY
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Edelweiss Day Spa, Thredbo.
As we commence our journey of returning to business, it is important that we share with you some important updates and information pertaining to your Edelweiss spa experience.
Our spa has always had stringent guidelines when it comes to the safety and wellbeing of our staff and guests. We will continue to monitor the NSW Government and Federal regulations and adapt our policies to the changing environment.
In the interest of keeping our Edelweiss Day Spa community safe it is important that we all adhere to, and maintain these health recommendations, just as we have done prior to our closure.
Please take the time to read the below information for your and our staff’s health and safety.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR SPA EXPERIENCE
BOOKING PROCESS & YOUR ARRIVAL
– Bookings will be by appointment only, ensuring our pre appointment consultation forms and verbal checks are completed.
– Full name, contact number, and address will be required to confirm your appointment at Edelweiss Day Spa
– Walk in treatment bookings cannot be accommodated throughout this period.
– Stay at home if you are sick or are exhibiting symptoms of illness such as a fever or persistent cough.
– Edelweiss Day Spa will be greeting our spa guests with a no-touch welcome. Asking guests to thoroughly wash hands upon arrival and sanitizing prior to treatment.
– The use of credit/debit transactions is preferred, using our touch/swipe/no signature technology rather than cash.
– If cash transactions are unavoidable, staff members will wash and sanitize their hands after each transaction.
– InfraRed temperature may apply.
– You will be required to adhere to our booking and cancellation policies, providing a credit card to secure your appointment.
– If you do need to cancel or change your booking, please let us know ASAP or at least 24 hours in advance.
– Clients who are sick, will not charge a cancellation fee throughout 3 Step Framework for a COVIDSAFE Australia plan
– Therapists will wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water prior to treatment, and verbally notify guest that hands have been washed and then sanitized.
– All appointments will be scheduled to allow for thorough breaks in between appointments for cleaning and sanitizing of the treatment room and all touch points.
– During disinfect times, access to these areas will be limited.
– As per Australian Health Guidelines, social distancing rules apply with the number of clients and team members on the premises at a time. (1 person per 4 square metres).
– We will be following NSW Government guidelines
– It is preferred that clients visit the spa alone, preferably not with friends or family or as a group, unless they have spa appointments booked.
– Some areas of the spa will be marked with the social distancing requirements and the number of guests in our waiting area and relaxation lounge will be restricted to ensure social distancing guidelines are being met. This also allows our team to adequately disinfect and sanitize between each guest.
– No tester displays of Skincare products will be accessible.
– Treatment menus, magazines, books will be removed from reception or lounge spaces
– Every employee will have a fresh clean uniform with every shift worked.
– Every employee will be adhering to our strict grooming policy.
– Clients must not be barefoot when entering Edelweiss Day Spa. Clients should use their own shoes.
– We will not be getting guests changed into spa robes for the next three months until September 2020. Disposable slippers will be provided upon request.
– Edelweiss team members will be regularly sanitizing all communal areas, treatment rooms and restrooms according to our stringent guidelines and the NSW Health Department
– All staff and management are responsible for ensuring protocols are always being adhered to. Edelweiss will be conducting an in-house training plan for every employee.
– Our spa will have a designated Safety coordinator for each shift to ensure compliance; this will be the Spa Supervisor and/or Director of Spa and Wellness.
IN CASE OF SICKNESS
If a guest or staff member in the spa is sick or exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, we will take the following steps to reduce the likelihood of transmission: our Edelweiss Day Spa employees MUST notify management immediately.
– Edelweiss Day Spa will always follow the regulations and guidelines provided by NSW Health department and Safe Work Australia
– Close off all area(s) used by the sick person
For all additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline (if you believe you are showing symptoms): 1800 675 398
For information in languages other than English: 131 450
Department of Human Services: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/